WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL?
AUSTIN VELOCITY offers a comprehensive volleyball experience focusing on the basic and fundamental skills of volleyball. We are committed to teaching and coaching players to the best of their ability by improving their skill as a teammate and as an individual player.
It is important to AUSTIN VELOCITY to successfully teach a player the team concept. Learning to interact with others and understanding the nuances of team play will make an individual learn trust. Our players learn how to take on the role of leader, role player and motivator. We expect there to be growth as players learn from their own mistakes and the mistakes of their teammates. The growth of the team depends on the growth of the individual.
Click on the bubbles below to learn more about the clinics and the steps to get you to the next level. Click here to be taken to our clinics links.
Spike Frog Volleyball
* Open Serve (Little Instruction, lots of practice night here or there)
* Find Your Serve (Coach led, individual attention, lots of practice over 4 sessions)
* Leagues (Spring and Fall. Volunteer coach, 1 hour practice per week, 1 game per week over 8 weeks)
* Teach and Play (Coach led, 30 minutes of serve, 30 minutes of instruction, 30 minutes of play)
* Summer Camps (3 day camp of about 2 hours each day)
* All Skills (10:1 ratio, grades 6-8, Two 90 minute practices per week)
* Training for Excellence Level I (10 to 1 athlete to coach ratio, One 2 hour practice per week, 5th graders only)
* Training for Excellence Level II (10:1 ratio, Two 2-hour practices per week, grades 6-8)
* Get Ready for Middle School (3 day camp, 2 hours/day, weeks before MS tryout, grades 6-8)
* Training for Excellence Level III (8:1 ratio, Evaluation required, Two 2-hour practices per week, grades 6-8)
* Training for Excellence Level IV (8:1 ratio, Two 2-hour practices per week, grades 9-12)
* Club Volleyball Tryouts (10 per team, practices twice per week for 2 hours, 8 tournaments, 20 weeks)